INCIDENTS DURING CORONA PANDEMIC


   Currently, Indonesia is busy facing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As I mentioned in the previous blog, Indonesia was known to have the first case of the coronavirus in early  March. To date (4/5), Indonesia is at number 37 in COVID-19 GLOBAL Dashboard with positive patients 2273 , deaths 198, and the recoreved 164. By the presentation of deaths 8.7%  and the recovery 7.2%  that is to say that the mortality rate for positive corona patients in Indonesia is higher than in other neighboring countries like Malaysia (deaths 1.7%  and recovery 27.4%), Singapore (deaths 0.5% and recovery 25%), Philippines (deaths 4.7%  and 2.0%), and so on. Because of that, it caused  government to apply prompt action to reduce the spread of the virus. Some measures taken by governments, for example,  the learning process is allocated to home, directive to reducing  outdoor activities, up to the enactment of lockdown in some regions. Therefore, it makes me stuck at home all day and now i'm getting bored. 

   Since the commencement of government regulations, it makes me can't get out freely as I used to be. After all I have to wear mask when I go outside and do anything i can to avoid physical contacts with someone espesially in the crowd. It is irritates me because i can no longer meet my friends and lectures have to done by online. When doing lectures by via online just makes my life getting crazier. I was required to study in self-reliance, even though sometimes the lecturer offered explanations of the materials that were discussed but it was quite difficult to understand as he/she was used the discussion was conducted directly instead of describing on Google Classroom. Also there are some lecturers who choose to give material then give tasks without any explanation.Beyond that, there also some problems that my family facing during this corona pandemic. Usually, my big brother cousin always comes home past 11 at night but yesteday he came home at 10 p.m . He said that he was dismissed by police officers because of the government regulations not to gather at night to suppress the spread of corona. After he said that I laughed because he had trouble to hanging out with his friends. Another example was when my grandmother and I wanted to go to the market, my neighbor suddenly said that the road was being spray disinfectant and that we was expected to stay home for a while until it was finished. My grandmother and I had to postpone going to the market until 9 a.m. After the spraying was finished, we went to the market. When we arrived at the market on our way into the fish market, we were intercepted and given handsanitizer by security. Of course it's the first time it's happened and it's confusing us. In conclussion, with some incidents that my family and I have been experiencing, it made me realize that the government takes serious actions because this virus is very dangerous so we need to be more aware of our surroundings.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

WRITING EXPERIENCE

CORONA PANDEMIC

MY PROFILE